Invest in yourself. Unleash your full potential through Zen.
Rebecca Nie has taught meditation in the United States, Canada, and Bhutan, and she currently leads weekly meditation sessions at the Stanford Zen Society. She also runs meditation workshops that introduce the basics of meditation, and guide participants through relaxation and investigation practices designed to expand their awareness. Ms. Nie's approach derives from the Continental Zen tradition, in which she is a Master, a member of the 80th generation since the Buddha to be so recognized. The premise of the approach is that developing our clear awareness of the mental, emotional, and physical state of ourselves and in relation to those around us helps us live fuller and more fulfilling lives.
- Spring 2014
- Received acknowledgement and became a member of Lay Zen Teacher Association.
- Winter 2013
- Received enlightenment recognition and lineage transmission from Zen Master Venerable Hwasun Yangil Sunim of Korean Jogye Order.
- Winter 2009
- Co-founded Stanford Zen Society and established a weekly meditation platform for the Stanford community.
- Fall 2007
- Started formal training with Zen Master Venerable Hwasun Yangil Sunim at Awakened Meditation Centre, Canada.
- Stanford Zen Society - Lead hour-long weekly meditation sessions for the Stanford community.
- Windhover Center for Contemplation - Develop and deliver interactive workshops for relaxation, investigation, and koan meditaiton.
- Stanford Zen Sanga - Substituted teach 1.5-hour meditation sessions for the community.
- Yoezerling Higher Secondary School, Bhutan - Developed and sustained daily meditation sessions for 367 disadvantaged adolescent
- Awakened Meditation Centre, Canada - nstructed the new members on the fundamentals of sitting meditation.
- Smell the Coffee and Wake Up: A Zen Guide To Mindfulness and Self-Discovery, by Peter Taylor and Rebecca Nie
- Looking 4 Truths: Using Zen and Mindfulness to Transform Your Life, by Peter Taylor and Rebecca Nie
- Hear Now: A Way of Zen and Mindfulness, by Peter Taylor and Rebecca Nie
- Taste Poison: A Zen and Mindfulness Approach to Life, by Peter Taylor and Rebecca Nie
All images and texts on this site are copy righted to Rebecca Nie : rebex @ rebexart . com